Online Taxes   |   Expert Advice  |

E-File your taxes and get real time expert advice

The largest online tax questions and answers database.
Everything  about tax deductions and tax credits.

 Tell a friend




  Recent Questions -

    Bruce, 8/2/2010 4:23:47 PM:

owned a house for 20 yrs paid 82,000 in 1988, sold on a short sale for 187,000, from 2004-2008 i invested 140,000 in remodeling of the house--it was appraised at 325,000, can i deduct the 140,000 of my personal money for a loss


Related topics: Short Sale, Princpial Resident, Long Term Capital Gain, Capital Loss 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125382



     , 1/4/2010 5:51:54 AM:

I purchased a home in January of 2009 but when I filed my taxes on I recieved the $7500 tax credit loan instead of the $8000 tax credit, is there anything I can/should do?thx.jl


Related topics: First-Time home buyer credit, Amended return, Filing requirements, Tax Credits 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125381



    Renee, 1/4/2010 5:50:24 AM:

Can i claim my children as my dependents even though they worked during the tax year but still was living with me


Related topics: Tax Credits, Dependants, Filing requirements, Tax Dedcutions 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125380



    TANM, 1/4/2010 5:48:42 AM:

At what age can you stop claiming a dependent?


Related topics: Tax Deductions, Dependants, Filing Rquirements, Tax Credits 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125379



    cookie, 1/4/2010 5:47:34 AM:

do disability payments have to be claimed on your taxes


Related topics: Gross Income, Disability payments, 1040, Taxable income 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125378



     , 1/4/2010 5:46:20 AM:

I had no income in 09, but I had about $6000 in medical bills. Do I file a return to get some of this back?


Related topics: Medical Expenses, Refund, Filing Requirements, Tax Deductions 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125377



    scott, 1/4/2010 5:45:04 AM:

my daughter earned 1000$ in 2009; we claim her on our taxes, can she file a return and get a refund as well


Related topics: Tax Deductions, Tax Credits, Dependants, Refund 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125376



    Todd, 12/27/2009 2:47:14 AM:

I am a construction worker working out of my home state. What are the tax dedoctions I can use if any for travel to and from my home state? Are there breaks for my away from home living expenses?


Related topics: Self employment, 1040, Tax Deductions, W2 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125375



    larry, 12/27/2009 2:45:44 AM:

penalty for filing before april 15th this year?


Related topics: 1040, filing requirement, filing deadline, late filing penalty 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125374



    carol, 12/22/2009 9:06:17 AM:

do we get a deduction for sales tax on new vehicle 2009


Related topics: Sales Tax, Schedule A, Taxes, Tax Deductions 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125373



    L. Pries, 12/22/2009 3:25:00 AM:

What is the $ range you can claim for donations and for medical bills not paid by insurance?


Related topics: Contributions, Medical Expenses, 1040, Tax Deductions 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125372



     , 11/19/2009 1:42:39 AM:

I have about $20,000.00 in a retirement account rolled over from a previous employer that I would like to withdraw. Since I am only 45, it's my understanding that I will have to pay federal taxes plus a 10% penalty which totals about 30%. Is this correct? Thank you.


Related topics: Early withdrawal penalty, Retirement Age, Rollover, 401k 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125371



     , 11/19/2009 1:40:15 AM:

I was promoted this year to a new position but was not given the salary of the new position until 10 months after being promoted during this year. Am I able to write off the $12k that I would have made during the year if I was given the higher base upon taking the position? Or did I just earn $12k less?


Related topics: Taxable income, Tax deductions, W2, Wages 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125370



    Shelly, 11/19/2009 1:38:01 AM:

are medical expenses (doctor, dentist, eyeglasses) deductible on taxes for 2009?


Related topics: Tax Deductions, Schedule A, Co-payments, Medical expenses 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125369



    Susan, 11/19/2009 1:35:14 AM:

If we install new energy efficient windows in our house, can we declare them as a tax write-off?


Related topics: Energy Efficiency Credit, energy efficient windows, Tax Deductions, Tax Credits 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125368



    Wayne , 11/19/2009 1:32:33 AM:

Hi, I sold a rental property that was my main home 7 years prior. I used the proceeds from the sale to pay off my main home. Do I still have to pay teaxes on the sale of the rental?


Related topics: Rental Property, Principal Residency, Long Term Capital Gain, Capital Gain 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125367



    Bobby, 11/19/2009 1:27:53 AM:

where dO i get info on tax credit given to a domestic violence shelter


Related topics: Business Tax Credit, Non-Profit-organization, 501(c), Tax Credits 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125366



    robert, 11/19/2009 1:25:39 AM:

the irs is garnishing my pay check and it is making it impossible to live i don't have any saving and with the money they are taking i cannot afford a lawyer is there any thing that can help me


Related topics: Garnishment, Wages, Payment plan, Tax due 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125365



    Jane, 11/10/2009 2:16:02 AM:

How can i get copys of my taxes if I am self employed i need copies 07 and 08!


Related topics: Previous year return, 1040, Self employed, account transcript 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125364



    darlene, 11/10/2009 2:14:32 AM:

I receive no support from ex husband...can he claim child as dependent?


Related topics: Dependants, Filing Status, Tax Credits, Child Support 


Only $7.99 for the answer --> Question 125363




insurance, auto insurance, life insurance, home owner insurance, renter insurance, insurance agent, geico, all stat, insurance claim.