Online Taxes   |   Expert Advice  |





Educator Expenses

Eligible educators (e.g. kindergarten through grade 12 teacher, Instructor, counselor, principal, or Aide, working at least 900 hours a school year in a school that provides elementary or secondary education, as determined under state law) can deduct up to $250 of any unreimbursed expenses paid or incurred during the tax year for books, supplies, computer equipment (including related software and services), other equipment, and supplementary materials that you use in the classroom. For courses in health and physical education, expenses for supplies are qualified expenses only if they are related to athletics, to use it in your tax return, please click here.
This deduction is for expenses paid or incurred during the tax year.  The amount of such educator deduction must be reduced by any interest on qualified U.S. savings bonds excluded from income because paid for qualified higher education expenses, Any distribution from a qualified tuition program that excluded from income, or Any tax-free withdrawals from your Coverdell Education Savings Account. Where do I report Educator Expenses?  The Educator Expenses tax deduction is an adjustment to income and claimed on line 23 of Form 1040 (PDF)
Back to Table of Content   |   Questions About This Topic?
 FILE&ASKTM - your biggest tax refund EVER!
Tax Questions:     Ask your question

No Questions Found, Refine Your Search.

list of tax deductions, tax deductions, tax deduction, free tax deduction, free tax deductions, best tax deductions, most common tax deductions
tax credits, tax credit, list of tax credits, free tax credits, free list of tax credits, best tax credits, most common tax credits